Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hoisin, Honey and Ginger Glaze
1/2 cup soy sauce
6 Tbsp. honey
1/4 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 1/2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. grated ginger

Whisk ingredients together in a small bowl. Begin basting grilled chicken, fish or pork liberally about 5 minutes before they finish cooking, so that the glaze has enough time to adhere to the food, but does not burn.

My notes: I know...it's been a while since I posted a new recipe! I was lazy about cooking new stuff over the summer! We finally put the new grill together and Seth's been trying out some new marinades, glazes and rubs. I tried this one recently on chicken and served some grilled zucchini and red peppers on the side. I was reading through my America's Test Kitchen cookbook (I like it a lot better than the usual Betty Crocker one) and they said that sauces high in sugar should be brushed on the meat about 5 minutes before they're done so that the sugar doesn't burn and become bitter....good to know!

No comments: